The Long Nose 23

001

Here are the doors after cure. The blue tape is flash breaker. I didn’t want to build up the area where the hinge will install so I used to tape to prevent the.

002

All the pieces were scuffed and cleaned. I will be using an adhesive to mount the doors to the hinge. On top of the adhesive I used some solid rivets for added measure.

003

Here is the hinges being bonded. I used the clamps to help with getting the adhesive to squeeze out. I then installed some solid rivets.

004

Here are the gear doors after the extra adhesive was leaned up.

005

This is the woes of riveting the hinge. You can see that it in not straight. So to hold everything straight I reinstalled the second half of the hinge and bolted them into place on the fuse.

007

I decided to do some micro around the doors. Turns out I went a little farther than the gear doors and applied micro to the whole front end.

009

Here is the front of the plane with its micro coat.

, , , , , , , ,

  1. #1 by Howard Pendergast on February 14, 2016 - 8:29 pm

    Jon is this the correct build blog? Looking up some info and videos of the Long Eze and impressed with looks and performance. Quite the project and look forward to seeing it in the final stages.

    Howie

    Like

  2. #2 by canadianlongez on February 14, 2016 - 9:54 pm

    You found me 🙂

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

the Garaggio

Projects from Joe's Workshop

%d bloggers like this: