Here is the console with the extra layers built up on the flange. I rough trimmed the inside cutout and gave it a general clean up.
The cover was located and the core set back around 0.125.
I used some thick micro to dam up the open ends of the console. That way when I inject the lower viscosity micro it won’t run out.
The edges were filled with micro. I had to come back and top it up a few times. As it flowed out and filled the gap it would sag so I made sure it was always a little proud of the surface. After it cured I sanded it flush to the core.
Here is a pic of the test fit. Overall I am happy with access I will have.
I will also have access to glass the CS109 inside and outside onto the fuse and the console. That will make a very rigid mount for the controls 🙂
Here is a pic of the console in place. Once the consoles are glassed in I can still lean on them to get my ass out of the plane.
I also decided to put anchor nuts on the fuel selector bracket. It will make it possible for me to install it without another set of hands.