Featured image

I decided to pre install the foam inserts that the hinge plates bond into. Chrissi from was kind enough to send me a drawing of the new locations so I can use their torque tube offsets. Two of the hinge plates are in a different locations from the plans.

Featured image

I made a jig for cutting the canard cores. I also made a small hot wire cutter to make it easier.

Featured image

The jig is slide over the core until it is in the correct location. Then I just let the hot wire cutter to follow the jig all the way around.

Featured image

Just like so.

Featured image

Here is a pic of the foam slid in place. Nice fit. I cnc cut the inserts so they matched but the canard core that is cut out could be used as a template to cut them by hand.

Featured image

Getting ready to bond everything together.

Featured image

Here is a pic of everything bonded together.

Featured image

Here is a contact adhesive that can be used on anything that is going into a layup and won’t affect the epoxy. I am using it to put down the peel ply on the trailing edge of the canard.

Featured image

Here you can see the peel ply in place. No nails or staples or bumps keeping the glass from laying straight.


, , , , , , ,

  1. Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

the Garaggio

Projects from Joe's Workshop

%d bloggers like this: