Canard

Featured image

I screwed up on the last ones that I cut. The holes for the bolts were too big. Not sure how I managed to draw them like that but I did. Its easy enough to make some new ones.

Featured image

Aluminum parts in the acid etch bubbling away. I always hated the smell of this stuff 😦

Featured image

Parts in alodine doing its thing.

Featured image

Here is a shot of riveting the anchor nuts.

Featured image

You can see one of the 1/4 inch holes for the dowels is right where the inserts go. My cores are older ones and I know this has been corrected by Eureka CNC.

Featured image

Here is what my finished recess looks like. The cores are so easy to cut that it doesn’t take much to make the relief for the anchor nuts. I just used a small screwdriver and dug them out.

Featured image

All ready to start laying up the shear web.

Featured image

All the layers are on.

Featured image

Followed by some peel ply.

Featured image

After it was cured I installed the lift tabs and torqued them to the plans. I also made sure they were pointing in the right direction 🙂

Featured image

Dowels are epoxied in and ready to bond the leading edge on.

Featured image

The leading edge is bonded and clamped down.

, , , , , , , ,

  1. Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

the Garaggio

Projects from Joe's Workshop

%d bloggers like this: