I didn’t take many pictures of the layup of the upper half. This is a shot of the upper nose half just before I did the last layup. The outer layers are done and the honeycomb is bonded in.
This is the upper nose half just out of the mold. On this part I used a VE surface primer in the mold before doing the layup. The part comes out pre primed 🙂
This is a shot of the inside.
The upper nose half is mostly trimmed. I still have some fine tuning to do to make sure everything is in the right spot.
This is a shot from the front. There is a lot of room up there now. It will be nice to have such open access to everything, not only for installations but for maintenance as well.